2. High ground
3. Open spaces
4. Metal objects - This includes everything like electrical wires, fences, machinery, power tools, or motors.
5. Telephones - Do not use the phone unless it is absolutely an emergency and do not use head sets or ear phones.
6. Appliances - Unplug and stay away from things like refrigerators, computers, and televisions.
** Wait 30 minutes after the last lightning stroke before partaking in any of the above activities or going to these areas.
2. Stay 15 feet away from other people to avoid transfer of shock.
3. Stay away from trees, picnic shelters or rain shelters, and canopies.
4. Hide in ditches or places of lower levels, but try to avoid water.
When Does Lightning Occur and Why?
Where Does Lightning Strike?
The Cloud to Ground Striking Process
Link to Northern Michigan University
Amber Wozniak: firstname.lastname@example.org